The C7 Corvette's water to oil heat exchanger is appropriate for a street car, but is wildly insufficient for track or performance use. Those looking to delete the factory heat exchanger and replace it with a high-efficiency air to oil cooler can use Improved Racing's thermostatic adapter to maintain precise control of oil temperatures.
Improved Racing's adapter features a built-in thermostat that automatically bypasses the cooler until the oil reaches operating temperature. No need to worry about over-cooling the oil or long warm-up times!
The adapter features standard female -08AN O-ring boss ports that accept optional male adapter fittings for -08AN, -10AN or -12AN lines.
Two interchangeable OUT ports provide flexibility in line routing. A plug is included for the unused port, or an optional sensor adapter fitting may be used for an 1/8" NPT or M12x1.5 sensor. The extra port can also be used as a turbo oil feed or for plumbing an oil accumulator.
Features and Benefits
- 100% bolt-on in place of the factory heat exchanger, just above the oil filter
- Built-in thermostat helps reduce engine wear and horsepower losses by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C) or 212°F (100°C) in most conditions (select preferred temperature from the drop down above)
- Rebuildable - just send it back to us and we will replace the thermal actuator, spring and seals
- Extra OUT port can be used for a sensor, turbo oil feed line, or oil accumulator
- Retains stock oil filter location
- Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- High-temp Viton seals
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
- 1x Thermostatic oil cooler adapter block for LT1/LT4 engines
- 1x Gasket
- 2x Zinc-plated steel mounting screws
- 1x -8AN plug
- Detailed installation instructions
- 2x Black anodized -08AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings
- 1x 1/8" NPT or M12x1.5 sensor port adapter fitting
- Note: This oil adapter is designed for O-ring boss fittings with a straight thread length of 0.500" or less. We recommend using our fittings in order to guarantee proper fitment and seal.
- We recommend using a straight hose end fitting for the OUT port and a 90-degree hose end fitting for the IN port. For additional clearance, use our low profile hose end fitting on the IN port (part number DO-090-10-08 (-8AN lines) or DO-090-10-10 (-10AN lines). Note only one O-ring boss adapter fitting is needed when using this low-profile hose end.
- 2014+ Chevrolet Corvette (C7), all models
- May also fit other vehicles using the Gen V Chevrolet small block LT1, LT4, L86 and L83 engines
- Does NOT fit the 2016+ Camaro SS oil pan