DBA 2009-2013 Cadillac CTS-V V Series Front Slotted T3 4000 Series Uni-Directional Rotor
The DBA 4000 T3 ClubSpec Series Front Rotors are a heavy-duty performance spec rotor that is designed specifically for the spirited street or track driver. The universal T3 slot design efficiently clears dust and debris, while maintaining consistent friction and cleaner disc surface.
Thermo-Graphic paint markings on the edge of DBA's 4000 T3 Series rotor change color at specific temperature thresholds allowing you to check your braking performance quickly and easily. Green changes to white at 856°F, orange will change to yellow at 1022°F and the red will change to white after 1166°F. Ideal braking temperatures are between 850°F and 1000°F (so the green will become white and the orange and red are unchanged).
DBA's Kangaroo Paw ventilation design delivers significantly improved braking performance under all conditions to make you safer than ever before. The innovative Kangaroo Paw design is stronger, outperforms traditional straight vane disc brake rotors and allows your brakes to runs cooler. Every time the brakes are used massive pressure is built up through the braking system. The force your foot applies at the brake pedal is multiplied many times at the disc rotors, creating friction and extreme heat. Traditionally, heat is removed as air flows through the rotor passing between straight cooling vanes. However, the straight vane design does not provide the ideal conditions for heat to be dissipated and tends to trap heat. The Kangaroo Paw features 144 precisely positioned diamond and tear-drop pillars. These pillars create a exceptionally strong, reliable, and efficient cooling system. The increased surface area created by the pillars allows for very rapid heat dissipation. DBA's Kangaroo Paw ventilation system quickly removes the heat, as cool air flows in from the center of the disc, while hot air is forced to the outside of the disc, cooling the discs and return your braking system to optimal operating temperature, ready to deliver optimum performance every time you step on the brakes.
- Patented ‘Kangaroo Paw’ ventilation design* provides greater heat dissipation.
- Tri-Symmetrical T3 Slot design dampens the vibration harmonics resulting in a quieter, responsive and a further improvement of brake pedal feel when compared to the T2 slot design.
- XG150 High Carbon Alloyed Iron increases the thermal capacity properties of the rotor.
- TSP (Thermal Stability Profiling) prolongs the service life of the rotor. This process is only applied to HEAVY DUTY, T3 4X4 and CLUBSPEC rotors containing XG-150 high carbon alloyed iron.
- Protection paint on hub and non friction surfaces.
- Heat paint markings change colour to monitor peak braking temperatures.