The innovative Brey Krause R-1046 Harness Mounting solution for the 981 Porsche Cayman makes use of limited space for an installation that neither limits seat travel, nor produces too much of a harness angle. By utilizing the factory Porsche cross-member located directly behind the seats, the R-1046 Truss-style mount offers a proper harness angle and up to 1" of height adjustment - all without restricting rearward seat travel. No structural modification is required - the simple install involves simply peeling back the carpeting and can be hidden when not in use. More avid track-day enthusiasts can pass the harness through the carpet (modification of carpet needed); dedicated race cars can even utilize this design to bypass a harness bar and create additional room for the seat.
As with all harness mounting equipment from Brey-Krause, this product has been tested to exceed DOT, NHTSA, and SAE standards. Because our mount also relies on the factory cross-member we tested the applicable Porsche parts along with the R-1046 to ensure the assembly could withstand the applied forces.
• Properly locates harnesses with up to 1" of adjustment.
• Seamless installation.
• Exceeds testing requirements for DOT, NHTSA, SAE Motor Vehicle Seat Belt Anchorages-Performance Requirements.
• Can work along with roll-bars and roll-cages (with factory cross-member installed) that do not have optimal belt location.
• Allows for full seat travel with stock and aftermarket seats.
• Does not interfere with Porsche's factory safety system.
• Allows for roll-cage designs without bars behind the seats for harness mounting.